A quick and refreshing treat to beat that summer heat!
There’s nothing better than something cold and refreshing during the hot summer months. If you’re looking for a cooling treat, try Eatwith host and former MasterChef contestant Brien O’Brien’s watermelon sorbet recipe!
- 32 oz Fresh Watermelon (Seedless), juiced
- 3/4 – 1 cup Honey
- 3 – 4 Limes
- Peel, slice, and juice watermelon (seedless)
- Juice limes
- Measure out watermelon juice and honey
- In a blender (or food processor) add watermelon juice and ½ cup honey and blend until completely smooth.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Conduct Egg Test to determine sugar level.
- Blend at high speed for 45 seconds.
- Pour into a freezer-safe dish (4 cups or larger), cover, and let freeze overnight.
- Test softness of sorbet. If sorbet is too hard and “icy” or chunky, pour back into the blender and add ¼ cup more honey and repeat steps 4 & 5.
Chef Brien O’Brien is a former MasterChef contestant who studied at the Culinary Institute of America in California’s Napa Valley. Click here to learn more about his experiences!