This dish is like a grandmother’s hug in a bowl.
Comfort food is a my grandmother’s recipe of potato pasta.Host Valeria
When I make it, I’m back at my grandmother’s table surrounded by my cousin waiting for our bowl.
- 500 gr potatoes
- 300 gr small size pasta
- 120 gr bacon
- Parmesan to taste
- Provola cheese to taste
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- A handful of celery
- A handful of little tomatoes
- 60 gr. olive oil
- Chop carrot, onion and celery and tomatoes
- Chop all potatoes in little cubes
- Heat olive oil in the pan and add the carrot, onion, celery and tomatoes
- Add in potatoes cubes
- Add water covering potatoes (with three fingers of water)
- In about 20 minutes, potatoes will be ready (when potatoes are soft)
- When potatoes are ready, add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and ready, and then turn off the stove.
- Add Parmesan and Provola cheese zest.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to dry a bit of water.
- In the meantime, cook bacon
- Then finish of the dish by adding pepper and bacon into the pasta
Serve in a bowl and enjoy!