A quick and easy dessert you can make in just 5 steps!
We here at Eatwith can never say no to a good cake – especially one that’s simple and easy to make. This is why we turn to host Gil in Israel’s classic carrot cake recipe. It’s one of the first cakes he learned to make in pastry school and it’s one he still comes back to. Now, he’s sharing how it’s all done with us.
- 7.5 oz. All-purpose flour
- 4 oz. Canola oil
- 9 oz. Sugar
- 10 oz. Grated carrots
- 2 oz. Walnuts
- 1.5 tsp. Baking powder
- .5 tsp. Ground ginger
- .5 tsp. Salt
- .5 Cinnamon
- 2 eggs,
- 1 orange zest
- In a bowl mix sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger and oil
- Using a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt
- Mix eggs with the oil mixture
- Add carrots and walnuts to the oil/egg mixture and then combine with flour mixture until fully mixed
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray and bake on 350°F for about 40-45 minutes
Let the cake cool then enjoy or add frosting!